Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blog Assignment 7

dream
Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo
     

In this lecture, Randy talks about how children's dreams change as they get older. He says that their dreams may start out as one thing and completely change to another in a matter of time. Randy says that when children start to create their dreams, that sometimes they are far out of their reach but to tell children that anything is possible and to never give up on your dreams. Any dream can be altered or changed but in the end the dream will still have the same over all goal to the child, and that will be what they want to do no matter what.
      Being an imagineer is the second part of the lecture. This part summarizes that using the dreams can help to achieve any part of the dream to help the dream to become reality. If a child has a dream of creating a fashion line, then some of the first parts of achieving this dream is to see the dream on paper. Then the next step is to send the sketches out to get the ideas and designs out for other people to see. Once this part is done then, the rest will be up to the designer.
       Enabling the childhood dreams of others is the third way in this lecture. He says that in this part that he will build a course called building virtual worlds. In this course he says that the students in this course, the projects are changed with the students every two weeks. He says that in changing up the people on the projects that are due every two weeks helps the children to expand their imagination and their creativity. He says that by him pushing the students to do their very best, then he got the best work that he had ever got out of the class.
        On other part of his lecture was The Dream Fullfilment Factory. This is when he says that he puts students together in working in teams and putting together objects that allows more than one person to come together to allow everybody's dreams to be put together into one great project. I really enjoyed this video. It shows that even though dreams start out small, they can grow into something tremendous. Dreams are something that should never be put to the side but rather should be expanded and put into a higher level of achieving the best dream that can be made possible.

4 comments:

  1. I thought Randy's video was extremely encouraging as well. Even though I'll never get to meet him, you can tell just by watching his lecture how he inspired every single person in that hall. I hope anytime I feel like my dreams are unattainable I think back to things he has said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy Puasch's attitude is what I want every teach to have about education and life! He has been such a great influence on me, and I hope he will be to you also.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has been a good influence for me so far. I hope to use what he taught in the video in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy Pausch's video was the most inspiring thing for me that I have seen this semester. His lessons on life really sunk in for me. I like how well you covered the dream aspect of his speech.

    The thing he said that meant the most to me was this saying: "Brick walls are there for a reason; they let us prove how badly we want things.

    ReplyDelete