Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blog Assignment 14

metaphor

1. I think that I missed the metaphor in this post because I was reading to much into the post and was looking for something that was not there. By overlooking the point of the post I missed the metaphor which if I was simply just reading the story instead of analyzing the story, I would have understood the metaphor at the time.

2. Your arm is as cold as ice, her eyes shine as bright as the stars are some of the metaphors that I have encountered.

3. I think as a future educator, I will give more examples of metaphors and explain to students that the key words to look for in a metaphor are like or as so that they will easily see them and be able to pick them out when the students come across them. I think giving examples of them will easily help students to see how they are used and when they are used the most often.

4. We use metaphors as a means of comparing 2 things using like or as. These are they key words in comparing two things that lets you know that you are using a metaphor.

1 comment: