Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Assignment 1

My name is Alicia Robertson. I have lived in Oxford, Mississippi. I currently live in Mobile, Alabama. My major interests are teaching, scrapbooking, and making crafts. I have one brother and a sister. I am the oldest sibling. My mom and my dad have been there for me every step of the way since I decided that I wanted to be a teacher. I have worked with kids since I was sixteen years old, my first job being in a daycare. I also work with kids at my church. I want to enter the field of education because I want to see the joy on a child's face when they feel like they are important and that they can do anything that they set their mind to.
Some of my passions include working with kids in any way that I can, scrapbooking, and making personal crafts. I am very creative, and love to work with my creativity to make things better. I love going on vacations with my family because every one of the trips brings back a special memory. My favorite vacation was our trip to Orlando. Our family went to Disney World, Sea World, The Holy Land, and Blizzard Beach Water Park. This was my favorite vacation because our family has always talked about going to Disney so to actually go and see Disney was amazing. My family means everything to me, and without them, I would not be at the place where I am today.

3 comments:

  1. Alicia,

    It really sounds like you know why you want to be a teacher, and from what you have written, I think you will make a great one. I am sure your students will absolutely love you. I just wanted to welcome you to the class, and if you need anything, we are here to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia,
    It is great that you are so close to your family. I also am extremely close to my family.
    Your enthusiasm to see kids learn, and the joy you get from working with them is going to make you a great teacher. It is good that you have experience working with children, it gives you a better idea of what to expect in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Alicia

    Great to see you adding blogging to your skillset as a teacher. It has become as essential as paper in the last five years for schools and classrooms.

    We may live at the opposite ends of the earth, but I see we have some things in common; my favorite trip ever was to Disney in Florida - Epcot the highlight, and I began my 'teaching' interest working with kids at my church as a young teen.

    Make the most of this class you are taking. It is recognized globally as a model for appropriate pre-service teacher training.

    Dorothy
    Auckland NZ

    ReplyDelete